Developmental Disability Services
The DD Services department at Focus serves a variety of needs for our families and clients. Through the funding sources of Medicaid Waivers and grants, Focus provides person centered supports catered to individuals and families.
Most Focus families utilize Daily and Hourly Respite services, as it is available via various funding sources. Respite care is designed to provide short term relief from caring for a family member with special needs. This service is available for unpaid care providers (parents, guardians) and Assisted Living Home operators. The service is designed to prevent burnout from the everyday demands of care giving.
- All Focus staff are required to pass background checks and comply with regular training
- Respite Care is provided in the family home or in a licensed home of the family’s choosing
- Respite can be used toward services like the Focus Summer Program and After School Program
Medicaid Waivers provide access to funding that allows individuals to live at home and participate in their own communities. Focus serves people of all ages who receive services through the following types of waivers:
- CCMC (Children with Complex Medical Conditions)
- MR/DD (Mental Retardation/Developmental Disabilities)
- APD (Adults with Physical Disabilities)
Waivers are designed to meet the needs of the individual, with a variety of services available. Waivers provide access to the following services and more:
- Care Coordination: all waiver recipients receive assistance from a certified Care Coordinator, who keeps up regular contact with the individual and family to ensure that needs are met appropriately
- In-Home Supports: assists individuals in increasing independence through home based goal work
- Family Habilitation: daily supports provided in a licensed Assisted Living Home, a family like setting
- Day Habilitation: provides access to goal work opportunities outside of the home, helping people to play a part in their community. Like respite, Day Habilitation can provide access to services like the Focus Summer Program and After School Program
- Hourly and Daily Respite: short-term assistance for caretakers (see above)
- Nursing Intensive Active Treatment: monitoring and assessment of needs for children with acute medical conditions.