Medicaid Waiver Services
Individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities may qualify for a state Medicaid waiver which allows the recipient some services at no cost to the family.
For Waiver recipients FOCUS offers:
- Day habilitation in the community (1:1 or in a group) all ages
- In home supports or supported living all ages
- After School Program for middle and high school students
- Summer camp for ages 6 – 20
- Support for elementary children after school in a variety of settings
- Intermittent respite for parents
- Adult Group home living
How do I qualify for a Medicaid Waiver?
Contact our STAR coordinator for your initial consultation. Roberta Hovermale 689-7242.
There are STAR coordinators located around the state, any of which can help you get started.
I have concerns that my child may not be developing at the rate of other children his age. Who do I ask?
Call FOCUS and we will direct you to the right department depending on the age and needs of your child.