Pediatric Occupational Therapy Clinic
FOCUS Outreach is your choice for comprehensive Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, and Pediatric Therapy in Alaska.
We are an outpatient Pediatric Occupational Therapy Clinic offering occupational therapy and speech therapy services. We serve children birth to 18 years of age. We receive referrals from physicians, parents, our own Infant Learning Program, and other professionals in the community. Our clinic team utilizes a play based approach to therapy services. We believe that young children learn best through play and that new skills are acquired and practiced through fun and meaningful activities.
OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY SERVICES
FOCUS occupational therapists help children and adolescents develop the functional skills necessary to become an independent adult. Therapy focuses on fine motor skills, visual motor skills, self-help skills, sensory processing and self-regulation skills that are needed in order to participate in activities of daily living.
Families may seek occupational therapy services if their child:
- Does not demonstrate self-help skills typical of other children his/her age
- Has difficulty with change and transitions
- Has trouble with organization and task completion
- Has difficulty concentrating and following directions
- Is over-stimulated or under-stimulated by sounds or noises, smells, lights, touching, etc.
- Is highly sensitive to certain textures (clothing, food)
- Has difficulty regulating feelings and behaviors
It is our desire to see every child functioning to the best of their ability in all environments: whether that be in the home, at school, or in the community.