Who is eligible for infant learning in Alaska?
Any child under the age of three years when:
- They show at least 50% delay in one of these developmental areas:
- Moving (gross motor)
- Using Hands (fine motor)
- Thinking/Learning (cognitive)
- Understanding/receptive (communications)
- Talking (expression language)
- Getting along with others (social/emotional)
- Doing things for him/her self (adaptive)
- Have a diagnosed condition that may lead to a significant delay
Or the Informed Clinical Opinion of the early intervention team determines the child eligible in difficult to measure aspects of current development status and the need for early intervention services.
Any infant or toddler with a diagnosed or suspected developmental delay has a right to a free screening and or evaluation to determine their eligibility for enrollment in the Infant Learning Program.